Re: Help with --combine merge

On Oct 16 13:10:07, sox-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I think you'd be on to something! The for-loop probably calls sox at each
> loop and causes some issues.

You don't need any loop.

> However, if I run
> sox --combine merge *.WAV merged.wav
> or write to a different directory, it still merged everything into the last
> file in the list /and /it creates a new file.

I don't belive that's what happens.
I believe you run

	sox --combine merge *.WAV >> merged.wav

instead, which would be consistent with such behaviour.

> So, I have files labelled 1.wav ... 90.wav Each are 1 minute long. When
> running the merge command, the last file in the list becomes the one
> everything is merged into, and ends up having 89 channels and not 90. The
> new merged.wav ends up being 8 seconds long, yet have 178 channels, ie 89
> x2. So somewhere along the line the loop is doubled, and I cannot understand
> how.

If my suspition is correct, SoX never touched the merged.wav;
it got written with the >> output redirection, so it now contains
the textual output of the SoX command.

cd /tmp
for i in 1 2 3 4 ; do sox -n file$i.wav synth 10 sin $(($i * 100)) ; done

sox -M file*wav out.wav
soxi out.wav

sox -M file*wav >> out.wav
soxi out.wav