http://www.u-l-v.org/
+47 99569230
*/

On 16/10/2023 12:44, Jan Stary wrote:
On Oct 15 15:27:56, sox-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I'm trying to combine a large amount of files into one single file and
wondered if someone could lend a hand. I have individual folders of 90
1-minute files in .wav and want to merge them into one 90-channel file.
sox -M *.wav out.wav

for file in /dir
do
sox --combine merge *.WAV >> merged.wav
done
That doesn't make any sense.

I'm getting some unexpected behaviour, it creates the file "merged.wav" but
does not write anything into it. It is the last file in the list where all
the files are combined, overwriting the contents of that file, as it becomes
a 89 channel file and not 90.
Of course: sox --combine merge *.WAV
merges all the given files (arguments) into the last argument.