Re: Multiple Pipes in series - possible?

On Jun 30 11:59:15, branlsnyder@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> In my example from earlier, I was trying to build a minimum working example
> to help me understand the syntax for running sox pipes in series. In other
> words, how can I use the stdout in a pipe as an stdin for another pipe?

sox input - | sox - - | sox - - | sox - output

If it's only effect you want to cascade, there's even
no nedd for that, just run sox in out effect1 effect2 effect3.

This is described in the manual.
Have you read the manual?

> I'm trying to build an application at the moment, where serial sox pipe
> processes could be used in many different ways.

That doesn;t really say anything.

> For instance, I'd like to
> eventually make something similar to the MC system
> <https://docs.cycling74.com/max8/vignettes/mc_topic> in MaxMSP.

Don't assume people know what MaxMSP is or does.
I still have no idea what you are actualy trying to do.
Give us a specific example of what you are doing, audio-wise.