Re: Sine wave in an envelope

Thanks.  Actually I'll have both mono and stereo cases, but was asking about the stereo case.  Of course I can split the stereo into two mono files.  I was hoping to do it in one line, which was the real question here -- the synth effect documentation says it can operate differently on different channels but I couldn't figure how to make that work.

Jeff

On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 at 07:13, Dr. Thomas Tensi <t.tensi@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Jeff,

you wrote:
 > > [similar problem as amplitude modulating a sine wave]
 > I want to produce a stereo tremolo by using the sine amod
 > effect, out of phase on the left and right channels.

I am not sure whether this can be done in one command, but you could
modulate the channels into left and right mono versions and combine
(merge) the file into a stereo file. I assume that your source is in mono?
To paraphrase your solution:

-----
INFILE=rd73_064__E4_082.flac
OUTFILE=x.flac
tempfileLeft=left.flac
tempfileRight=right.flac

LEN=0
OFFSET=0
phaseLeft=0
phaseRight=180

# sox command fragments
tremPrefix=synth $LEN $OFFSET
tremSuffix=2 sine amod 0.5

sox $INFILE $tempfileLeft  $tremPrefix $phaseLeft  $tremSuffix
sox $INFILE $tempfileRight $tremPrefix $phaseRight $tremSuffix
sox -M $tempfileLeft $tempfileRight $OUTFILE
-----

Is this what you wanted?

         Best regards,

                 Thomas