Re: BatchProcessing Files on Windows

Nils Wallgren <affarer@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I have some problems getting these things to work:
>
> 1 I want the duration of a couple of soundfiles in a directory
>
> sox --i -D kick_*.wav
>
> the name of the sound files are kick_1.wav, kick_2.wav, kick_3.wav etc
> but it doesn’t work with the wildcard.

The Windows command shell doesn't expand wildcards, leaving it up to
each application to do that.  SoX wasn't written with this in mind and
simply takes the arguments as given.  I'm in no mood to change that.

I suggest using some other scripting language, or maybe there's a way to
enable wildcard expansion.

--
Måns Rullgård