SoX bug: smpl chunks deleted

I noticed that when converting stereo sample files to mono, the 'smpl' chunks (which encode loop information used by sample players), SoX omits the 'smpl' chunk in the output file.

For example,

sox input.wav -c 1 output.wav

sums a stereo input.wav to a mono output.wav.  However, the 'smpl' chunk in input.wav is discarded.

I have a workaround; I wrote code to extract the smpl chunk and append it to the output.  But it would be nice if 'smpl' chunks were supported by default, at least for the easy cases.  (I realize it could be difficult or impossible for many cases.)

What's the best way to file a bug report?

BTW I'm new here.  SoX RoX!

Thanks,
Jeff