Re: Duration of recorded file is longer than recording time using SoX

On 2019-12-16 02:39, George S. Williams wrote:
I'm using SoX on Centos 7 to record the audio output from GQRX, a SDR
application. I've selected Monitor of Built-in Audio Analog Stereo
from the Recording Tab of the Pulseaudio Volume Control. I'm trying to
save a .wav file with a sample rate of 6k. I'm using the command

|sox -t pulseaudio 2 --rate 6k --channels 1 test.wav |

Does the presence of the 'pipe' character before "sox" mean that audio
was being generated by a previous command?

If so, although you may think you terminated the recording after a
certain time, maybe that program still sent data to sox?  Or maybe
sent data before you though you started the recording?

In your "too long" wave file, does it start with 1h 6m of something
else, or end with 1h 6m of something else?  Or what?

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own