Re: Can I specify the pulseaudio "application name"?

On 2019-10-09 11:18, Måns Rullgård wrote:

There is currently no way to set the name.  It is hard-coded here:
https://sourceforge.net/p/sox/code/ci/master/tree/src/pulseaudio.c#l65

If one made a copy of  sox.exe  and used a binary editor, could one
alter the 'sox' literal that's inside the .exe to something else
and still have it work?   Or will the literal that's used for this
purpose also be used for other parts of sox?

(I appreciate that even if it's possible it might not be easy to find
the right instance, if there's more than one, inside the .exe ... and
if the .exe does any checksumming of its own contents to ensure it's
not corrupt, this would break that too).

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own