Re: Is Sox a good choice as the backend for a Music Player?

Joshua Hartwell <jhartwell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I came across Sox as a potential suitable replacement, but I have no
> familiarity with the project. Do you think it could be a good backend for
> this project?

I use it for dtas (duct-tape audio suite) which includes dtas-player
and it's great (gapless playback, lots of formats and effects
with live-EQ/compander/any-other-effects-supported-by-sox-or-ladspa):

	git clone https://80x24.org/dtas.git

It's heavily-dependent on *nix pipes and process management,
though.  I assume libsox is nice for cross-platform use, too;
since the sox(1) command uses it.  But I prefer to do my
work in scripting languages rather than C whenever possible.