Re: How does the Sox Compand Transfer Function Work?

Thanks for the reply. Sorry about the non-text. Here's a blog post with my question (essentially the same as the email)
https://wordpress.com/post/thewhackhacker.wordpress.com/486

I (think I) understand the theory explained in the mall archives you mentioned. My observation is that sox doesn't behave in a manner consistent with that explanation.

I have been unable to compress an audio signal to the 0 - -20dB range, regardless of the transfer function I used, even though I thought I had crafted some that should have worked, per the explained theory.

What am I doing wrong, or what don't I understand, that the transfer functions I tried don't produce my expected results?

todd.