Re: lost sync warning

On 2018-06-21 19:54, Mac wrote:

Also, the resulting files are much smaller. Sometimes megabytes smaller.
Whats up with that?

I don't know if sox preserves bit rates, compression types of the input files when it creates output files; the manual suggests not - since it describes 'default' compression options being used and mentions sox's "-C" option for choosing what you actually want. (I've only ever created MP3s as the final
result of processing WAV files.)

I'd be inclined to run soxi against input and output files to see if rates or compression type have changed. Also use sox with the stat and/or stats
'effects' to find things out about the files.

Also see the 'soxformat' manual for specific notes on different audio file
formats.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own