Re: Merge and pipe channel assignment madness

On Sep 08 23:28:35, jn.ml.sxu.88@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On 2017-09-08 16:53, Jan Stary wrote:
>
> > I'll repeat the question: do you hear the same
> > in the individual channels as I describe above?
> >
> > > (But I need to generate some testfiles first…)
> >
> > No, use the file you sent me,
> > so that we listen to the same thing.
> > https://we.tl/lRpO2tMTxu
>

> If there's something odd going on with the way that sound is
> processed/routed on either of your computers,
> 'listening' might not be the best way to
> discriminate between behaviour on different machines.
> Might it not be better to use soxi or the stat/stats effects to report on
> the content of each channel in the multi-channel file?

No. It's three (resp. six) channels of audio that are
so apparently different (silence, scratches, speech)
that just listening to it is the easiest way to tell them apart.

> That file might need rebuilt so that instead of (as I think it may have)
> different
> frequencies of test tones in each channel, it has significantly different
> levels of
> sound on each channel.

It has completely different material in each channel.
Computing peaks/frequencies/whatnot would be completely pointless.

> The isolation of each channel and stat/stats should
> show each such channel's different peak level,
> and the output from those effects
> can be listed here for everyone to see.

The OP has already posted the actual audio output file
for everyone to see.

	Jan