Help requested to make a train of symmetric pulse

Dear all,

sox man pages are i bit overwhelming for a newbie like me, not surprising for such an extensive and powerful toolbox.
So I need some hints to get started.

I need to create a sequence of symmetric pulses, first 2ms positive, then 2ms negative, then 0 for 996ms, repeated for 100 seconds.

I realise I probably need synth, delay or pad for this but I have a difficulty figuring out what the parameter are and how to put it all together.
Also, I assume there are both smart and stupid ways to do it.

Any constructive suggestions are appreciated.
While waiting, I will continue to RTFM.

Bengt Nilsson
Ansåsvägen 8
43853 Hindås