batch sox process on a folder of files

Hello,

I use sox to simply resample wav-format files from 500 kHz to 48 kHz sampling rate.  I have a batch of 940 files to convert, but I can only do about 100 files at a time because, I think, the number of characters in the command line code exceeds a certain limit.

The batch file code is:

cd %~dp0

FOR %%A IN (%*) DO sox %%A "G:\LADC 2017 data\WAV48/%%~nxA" rate -v 48000

pause

Please can you show me how to execute the sox command on a whole folder of files, so I don’t have to drag the files onto the .bat file shortcut several times.  I just want to start the process and let it run.

The file folder path is:

G:\LADC 2017 data\WAV500

The destination folder for the converted files is:

G:\LADC 2017 data\WAV48

Could you also explain why it does not work when I drag files onto the batch file (located in the sox.exe folder in the C:\Program (x86) Files\sox…?  It only works when i drag them onto a shortcut to the batch file on the external G:\ drive.

Thanks v much,

Chris