Re: Several beginner q's about Sox encoding (mp3/aac)?

christina zou:
> I have a Raspberry Pi running Debian Jessie, as well as a MEMS I2S mic and
> a Pi Camera. My mic records 32bit raw PCM audio.

32bit of dynamics probably does not exist on earth or in the
universe.

> 1. I get the warning: " mp3 can't encode to 32-bit" - what should I do
> about this?

try -b 16

> 2. My resultant MP3 file has small clicks and popping noises throughout. I

sounds like a (typical) pi-problem. Try low latency kernel, good power supply,
external USB2 mic, not running too much at the same time, etc.
I've had some success with an external sound board (cirrus/wolfson).

bests, u.