Powered by Linux
alloc_page leaks tracing — Semantic Matching Tool

alloc_page leaks tracing

Hello!

   I am wondering why alloc_page and friends are not considering an allocation function?
   Found a bit of code where there was an obvious alloc_page leak that was not caught that is caught if I change alloc_page to kmalloc.

   And while trying to put the support into smatch I suddenly found the structure changed so much from the previous time I looked at it it’s very non-obvious how to add it.

   I tried adding hooks in check_free_strict.c, check_frees_argument.c, check_leaks.c, smatch_constraints_required.c, smatch_fresh_alloc.c, smatch_parse_call_math.c
  and tried to insert it alongside kmalloc in smatch_scripts/gen_allocation_list.sh and I still cannot make
   it work in the actual kernel code even though a modified testcase from validation/sm_memory.c works.

   Any hint?

   Thanks.

Bye,
   Oleg