Powered by Linux
Retrieving status of local variables — Semantic Matching Tool

Retrieving status of local variables

Dear all,

I would like to retrieve the information whether variables inside source
files can be influenced from user land, e.g. to identify variables that
store arguments to syscalls. Is there already a tool that offers this
feature?

I understand that the 'smatch_data/db/smdb.py $func' tool can be used to
trace calls to a function $func. Furthermore, 'smatch_data/db/smdb.py
trace_param $func' allows to trace how function parameters are traced.
However, both commands do not present the information I am looking for.
I also did not find such labels in the tables of the created data base file.

I wondered whether I simply miss something.

Best,
Norbert

Amazon Development Center Germany GmbH
Krausenstr. 38
10117 Berlin
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Christian Schlaeger, Jonathan Weiss
Eingetragen am Amtsgericht Charlottenburg unter HRB 149173 B
Sitz: Berlin
Ust-ID: DE 289 237 879