Powered by Linux
Re: Tracking Implicit Dependencies — Semantic Matching Tool

Re: Tracking Implicit Dependencies

Here are my thoughts.  This project is actually very difficult...

The resources we're allocating are probably tied to a file or a process
and Smatch doesn't really track that.  It just tracks parameters.  My
idea is that the resources are probably stored in a struct so we could
track that "(struct foo)->bar" gets set by SYSC_one() and checked by
SYSC_two().

Some of the information about when structs are set is stored in
function_type_value().  But the problem is that it ignores too common
functions like you already found out.  And then nothing is saving when
it's queried.

I've never tried this before so it might not work.  And everything is
always more complicated than you'd imagine.

regards,
dan carpenter