Powered by Linux
Re: false positive 'double unlock'? — Semantic Matching Tool

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 11:32:06AM +0100, Wolfram Sang wrote:

> > > current smatch gives me this with the current linux-git:
> > >
> > > drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-rcar.c:560 rcar_i2c_master_xfer() error: double unlock 'spin_lock:&priv->lock'
> > >
> > > Unless I am totally overlooking something, looks like a false positive
> > > to me? In any case, would it be possible to print the lines of the two
> > > unlocks happening?
> >
> > What is your .config file?
>
> Attached. It is basically an 'allnoconfig' with minimal switches changed
> to compile the I2C driver.
>
> Thanks for the fast reply :)

The problem is the spin_lock() function gets ifdefed out in that
config, but the unlock function is still there.  I'm not sure how to
detect the configuration option automatically.

I'm not sure what the right solution is...  I'm not above adding in
ugly hacks to deal with this if I knew one that would work.

regards,
dan carpenter