Powered by Linux
Register Your Source Code Security Analyzer Tools with the DACS — Semantic Matching Tool

Register Your Source Code Security Analyzer Tools with the DACS

Please Register Your Source Code Security Analyzer Tools with the DACS

Register Your Software Development Tool(s) with the DACS Software Tool Clearinghouse

The Data & Analysis Center for Software (DACS)*** is in the process of establishing a web-based
clearinghouse of information on software development tools and technology. This clearinghouse is
called the Software Development Tools and Technology Information Clearinghouse (SDTATIC).  The
DACS is currently working on populating the SDTATIC with tool information based on vendor supplied
information.  This is why we are contacting you.

SDTATIC is a US Department of Defense (DoD) sponsored initiative, via the DACS, to create a software
development tools information clearinghouse.  With this DoD support, we believe that SDTATIC will
become a highly referenced and used resource within the DoD community when software
development tool selection occurs.

Users will not be able to acquire tools from the SDTATIC clearinghouse, but rather users will be able to
learn more about tools, find comparable tools, and find contact information on who to contact for
further information

We believe that once fully populated, it will be beneficial to vendors like yourself as it will provide
exposure to your technology.  SDTATIC includes vendor characterization and assessments of their
tools; as well as Subject Matter Experts and user experiences with the tools.

At this time I am contacting companies which offer Source Code Security Analyzer  tools.  Your tool
was listed on http://samate.nist.gov/index.php/Source_Code_Security_Analyzers.html  as a software
test tool, and this is why we are contacting you.

The SDTATIC tool registration process will work like this:
*	We email a short survey form where we ask companies to complete and return to us.
*	From your supplied information, we populate our database.
*	We will then contact you to verify the information is correct in our database.

We solicit your support of this clearinghouse.  If you would like to have your tool included and you are
willing to spend time completing our short questionnaire, please reply with the appropriate point of
contact.  I will send the questionnaire and instructions.  Most of the questions are of the type "Does
this tool support...." followed by categories such as Project Planning, Decision Management, Testing,
Code Generation, etc.  You are also able to email us textual information about your tool (e.g., Features
and Benefits Information) and we will include it in SDTATIC as well.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to your response.

Tom Kwasniewski
Data & Analysis Center for Software (DACS)
Principal Computer Scientist
Quanterion Solutions Inc.
100 Seymour Rd Suite C102
Utica, NY 13501
315-351-4236
tkwasniewski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

***Who we are:
The Data & Analysis Center for Software is a Department of Defense (DoD) Information Analysis
Center (IAC). The DACS has been designated as the DoD Software Information Clearing house serving
as an authoritative source for state-of-the-art software information providing technical support for the
software community. Quanterion Solutions, Inc. operates the DACS for the DoD.

The DACS technical area of focus is Software Technology and Software Engineering, in its broadest
sense. The DACS is a central distribution hub for software technology information sources.

The DACS is administratively managed by the Defense Technical Information Center under the DoD
IAC Program. Quanterion Solutions, Inc. manages and operates the DACS, serving as a centralized
source for current, available data and information concerning Software Engineering and Software
Technology.