Re: [Sipping] Late comment on draft-ietf-sippping-sip-offeranswer-14

I believe the current text in the draft reflects the discussion from 2007 at
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipping/current/msg13812.html>

To summarize, while we think there may be implementations that interpret a change of session-id as a session reset,
RFC3264 doesn't support the notion. The top-level assumption of 3264 is that there is one SDP session associated
with a SIP dialog. (See in particular:
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipping/current/msg13845.html>
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipping/current/msg13870.html>
and
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipping/current/msg13912.html>)

The thread explores places where some folks would like to things to be different, but those
things will need normative updates, probably to more than one RFC.

I believe the text in the draft is consistent with what our current specs say.

For the normative updates we would need to make for this particular topic, I think
restarting the debate on the RAI list (with pointers to SIPCORE and MMUSIC) is the right thing to do.

RjS