Re: [Sipping] Is SDP in an unreliable response "the answer" ???

Hi Christer,

What's the meaning of hat on/off?

And why about Dean Willis?

Thanks,

Gao

===================================
Zip    : 210012
Tel    : 87211
Tel2   :(+86)-025-52877211
e_mail : gao.yang2@xxxxxxxxxx
===================================

Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
发件人:  sipping-bounces@xxxxxxxx

2010-04-21 18:23

收件人
OKUMURA Shinji <shinji.okumura@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "sipping@xxxxxxxx" <sipping@xxxxxxxx>
抄送
主题
Re: [Sipping] Is SDP in an unreliable response "the answer" ???

Hi,

<Dean Willis hat on>

Offer/answer is a mess. Instead, let's regard media as an application on top of SIP, and use an Info Package for negotiating the media. There is no connection to the SIP transactions, which means we don't need complicated rules on when and where to insert SDP, and we don't need to describe how offer/answer works for re-INVITEs etc.

<Dean Willis hat off>

I don't disagree with what people are saying, but trying to read it from a I-am-a-new-implementor-and-I-would-like-to-get-it-right-from-the-beginning perspective I don't think anything is clarified. Eg. talking about that an SDP sent after the answer would be "missunderstood as a new offer" is confusing. The important thing is not whether the UAS includes the UAS answer in subsequent responses or not, because the UAC still has to handle such situation. What is important is that the UAS MUST NOT send a *new* offer.

Regards,

Christer

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.