Re: [Sipping] Is SDP in an unreliable response "the answer" ???

Using Paul's classify, I think this one is the point. From the long thread, *we* are almost have the same attitude towards the current RFCs.

3) explain *why* it is correct, based on the existing RFCs,
   in sufficient precision to convince the doubters.

But facing with doubters, we really need sufficient and precise clarification for some dark points.

Thanks,

Gao

===================================
Zip    : 210012
Tel    : 87211
Tel2   :(+86)-025-52877211
e_mail : gao.yang2@xxxxxxxxxx
===================================

sipping-bounces@xxxxxxxx 写于 2010-04-20 03:32:29:

> > > I agree.  I think that the complication is less about the RFC
> > ambiguity and more about vendors attempting to find ways to interop
> > when some devices don't support (or disabled support of) the following:
> > 1) interactions with forking proxies, 2) rfc3262, or 3) rfc3311.
> >
> > You may be right about this.
> >
> > > Devices which don't support the above 3 items usually need work-a-
> > rounds which are not compliant to SIP's offer/answer rules.  Thus
> > fixing potential RFC ambiguity does little to fix the real problem
> > beyond highlighting that most/all of the work-a-rounds are non
> > compliant or not desirable.
> >
> > I'm not sure what point you are making here.
>
> I think that the real problem is that some devices don't support (or
> disable support of) the following: 1) interactions with forking
> proxies, 2) rfc3262, or 3) rfc3311.  I was mainly just attempting to
> encourage vendors to support these 3 items so that all the non-
> complaint or not-desirable work-arounds can be deprecated more
> quickly.  However I doubt that the need for such work-arounds will
> go away any time soon.

> This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
> Use sip-implementors@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for questions on current sip
> Use sip@xxxxxxxx for new developments of core SIP

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.