Re: [Sipping] About offeranswer draft:

OKUMURA Shinji wrote:
Hi,

gao.yang2@xxxxxxxxxx
Thu, 15 Apr 2010 17:14:09 +0800
Hi,

OKUMURA Shinji <shinji.okumura@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 发件人: sipping-bounces@xxxxxxxx
2010-04-15 17:07

收件人
sipping@xxxxxxxx
抄送

主题
Re: [Sipping] About offeranswer draft:

Hi,

I think "*same* SDP is mandatory for UAS's behavior",

[Gao] As you think *same* if mandatory, why not just ignore the real answer, if it has gotten one in one previous unreliable response?

Because I am a kind man for an ill-behaved UAS.

nantene

and
"That same exact answer MAY also be placed in any provisional

Regards,
Shinji

I think this is again getting into the realm of "how should the UAC behave if the UAS is non-conforming?"

We are not obligated to clarify that at all, though we *may* provide a suggestion if it seems important.

But I am opposed to expecting the UAC to detect the non-conformance in order to take specific remedial action. I think that is what "should UAC refresh the media plane by the real answer" is talking about.

*If* the UAC detects this non-conformance (the indeterminacy), then it *could* attempt to remedy it by "refreshing the media plane". But there may be indeterminacy that has not been detected. I guess that too could be remedied by doing an extra O/A to "refresh". But that would increase the number of messages in cases when there is no indeterminacy at all. And if the refresh were attempted using a reINVITE, it could simply lead to yet another indeterminacy.

So I prefer to say nothing about the "refresh" in this draft.

	Thanks,
	Paul

Hi Paul and Shinji,

I guess I can converge my discussion on the point, should UAC refresh the media plane by the real answer? Or, just ignore the real answer, if it has gotten one in one previous unreliable response?
IMO UAC should refresh the current view of a session description
by the real answer.

[Gao] By myself, I also prefer this one.

And no matter what direction we choose, we should do the evaluation about whether it is violation/correction of RFC3261.
I think, in RFC3261 UAC's behavior is described based on the
premise that UAS never include the different SDP from the answer
into the prior unreliable responcse.
It is absolutely an implicit premise. But it is not bad, I think.

So then we can think that UAC's behavior for the different SDP
is not described in RFC. Therefor it can be BCP and does not
violate RFC.

[Gao] If we want to BCP thing for different SDP, we need to clarify that *same* SDP is not mandatory for UAS's behavior. I am not sure whether "*same* SDP is not mandatory for UAS's behavior" is normative change from RFC3261 or not.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum.

Regards,
Shinji