Eric wang wrote:
> [...]
>         2010/4/15 <gao.yang2@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:gao.yang2@xxxxxxxxxx>
>         <mailto:gao.yang2@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:gao.yang2@xxxxxxxxxx>>>
>

>            Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:pkyzivat@xxxxxxxxx>
>         <mailto:pkyzivat@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:pkyzivat@xxxxxxxxx>>> 写于
>
>            2010-04-14 22:12:48:
>

>             >
>             > Somogyi, Gabor (NSN - HU/Budapest) wrote:
>             > > Hi,
>             > >       > > RFC3261: "...MUST ignore any session
>         descriptions in subsequent
>             > > I think that the common industry understanding of RFC3261 is
>            that 1
>             > > offer has 1 answer, even though that 1 answer may be
>            transmitted several
>             > > times.
>             >
>             > Yes. Well, actually one answer per dialog. (With forking,
>         an offer in
>             > the initial invite will get a separate answer
>         per-forked-dialog.)
>             >
>             > > And the 1st transmission is used (treated as THE
>         answer). While
>             > > you are speaking about several answers with 1 matching
>         offer.
>            That is a
>             > > fundamental difference.
>             >
>             > This of course only makes sense if the sdp in all unreliable
>             > is the same as the sdp in the first reliable response.
>         That is so
>             > because any/all of the unreliable responses may be lost.
>         You cannot
>             > count on the UAC using the SDP from the first transmission.
>             >
>             > And because of that, a valid implementation could drop all
>         the SDP
>             > received unreliably and only process the one received
>         reliably.
>

>            Supporting of this.
>            My point here is that making UAC's using of the SDP in first
>            reliable response normatively, no matter how many SDP it received
>            before the *real* answer. And how UAC handle SDP(from UAS) before
>            the real answer is another issue, it can be BCP issue.
>          Eric: I  think, the UAC should listen the SDP sending
>         packets,and choose another to listen according to rfc3264.
>          Reuse Shinji 's chart, if SDP2 sends packets while SDP3/SDP4 don't,
>          the UAC should listen SDP2 and SDP5.
>

>     Eric,
>
>     I think you may be talking about cases where the call has been
>     forked to different destinations, and the distinct answers are
>     coming from them. Is that right?
>
> No. I meant there may be several non-reliable responses in  a *single*
> dialog.
> There maybe several servers that want to send non-reliable response with
> SDP(neither offer nor answer) to the caller.I accept it as  non-reliable
> and do nothing with offer/answer negotiation between the caller and the
> called.
> I know it violate rfc3261, but it's useful and simple.

Well, if you agree it violates 3261 then lets stop talking.
You can do lots of non-conforming things that are simple and useful. But
 doing them results in interoperability problems.

And I will assert that you can achieve what you wish in a conforming way
simply by having those separate servers use a distinct to-tag for their
response, thus creating distinct early dialogs. The UAC will then
understand them for what they are - responses from different entities -
and can decide how to render them with that understanding.

>     Because in that case the responses should have different to-tags,
>     thus becoming distinct (early) dialogs. The discussion we are having
>     is about what happens in a *single* dialog. And in a single dialog
>     the behavior you describe is *wrong*.
>
> But I cannot accept that several reliable responses with SDP appear in a
> single dialog, and it seems be allowed in Shinji's chart.

Shinji was using that as an example of *invalid* usage, for the purpose
of discussing how the UAC might react to such invalid usage.

	Thanks,
	Paul