Re: [Sipping] About offeranswer draft:

Hi Eric,

Are you ZTE's Eric? I have one colleague also named Eric wang(Wang Libo).

And some comments inlines.

Thanks,

Gao

sipping-bounces@xxxxxxxx 写于 2010-04-14 13:04:34:

> Hi all,

>     I believe that SDP in non-reliable response is useful. eg, if
> the UAS wants to send a tone to UAC while the UAC doesn't support
> 100rel, the UAS can use a non-reliable response with the tone SDP.

> So I believe different SDPs(compare with the answer) can exist in
> non-reliable response and final 2xx response.

Yes, it is so in many deployed network. But the key problem here about the UAC's normative handling of the real answer, if it is different from the previous the SDP from the UAS.

>    But, when I saw the chart below, the only words in my mind is
> ,"OMG, the SIP is never SI(m)P(le) again!"

I guess it is the extreme use case in theory. Considering normal call flow, it would be more simple. But if we should evaluate the rules, we usually need such use cases, as Shinji showed us.

> [...]
> (Rc3)   may treat SDP3 as the answer.
> (Rc4)   should treat SDP4 as the answer and confirm the current O/A
> status by sending new offer.
>
> UAS,
> (Rs1)   should not send SDP5, SDP6 and SDP7.
> (Rs2)   must not send SDP2 and SDP3 if these are not the same as SDP4.
>
> Rc3 and Rc4 are new added descriptions.
> Rs1 and Rs2 are current descriptions in this draft.
>
> I think "MUST NOT" is suitable for (Rs1).
> Because RFC3261 says
>        Once the UAS has sent or received an answer to the initial
>        offer, it MUST NOT generate subsequent offers in any responses
>        to the initial INVITE.  This means that a UAS based on this
>        specification alone can never generate subsequent offers until
>        completion of the initial transaction.
>
> SDP5 and SDP7 are regarded as "subsequent offers".
>
> What do you think of these?

> Regards,
> Shinji
>
> gao.yang2@xxxxxxxxxx

> Mon, 12 Apr 2010 11:37:09 +0800
> >Hi Shinji,
> >
> >Please see inlines.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Gao
> >
> >sipping-bounces@xxxxxxxx 写于 2010-04-12 10:55:47:
> >
> >> Hi Gao,
> >>
> >> The clarifications for the section 13.2.1 of RFC 3261 is
> >> one of the major purposes in this draft.
> >>
> >> In the section 3.1 of this draft,
> >>
> >> Do you doubt this clarification?
> >> In my understanding, this has already reached the consensus in WG.
> >
> >[Gao] I am not want to *challenge* the consensus we have reached in WG.
> >But as this draft is aims for clarification, not for normative correction,
> >I have no way to convince the *UAS*.
> >

> >> I'm confused.
> >> Do you have something a concrete proposal?
> >
> >[Gao] I think the original illegibility is from RFC3261. So, I sended
> >mails about it in SIPCore ML:
> >
> >http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipcore/current/msg02315.html
> >http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipcore/current/msg02328.html
> >
> >To be honest, I think there are two options here:
> >1. Forbid different SDP(compare with the answer) before the answer
> >normatively.
> >2. Allowing different SDP(compare with the answer) before the answer
> >normatively.
> >

> >> Just to be sure, this draft is not a normative document but
> >> an informational one as you no doubt know.
> >
> >[Gao] Sure, I know it is informative.
> >

> >> Regards,
> >> Shinji
> >>
> >> gao.yang2@xxxxxxxxxx
> >> Fri, 9 Apr 2010 16:50:12 +0800

> as it is the
> lawful answer is
> earlymedia is

> lawful answer is

> for potential
> really found
> UAC, Ithink we

> be delicate.
> it seams OK.

> reliable response

> This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.