Re: [Sipping] About offeranswer draft:

在 2010年4月15日 下午1:29,Eric wang <eric.wangxr@xxxxxxxxx>写道:
Hi Paul,
   I have been in the world for many years =_=!!!!
   We shouldn't make complicated rules because the system has already  been complicated.

  In my opinion, the offer/answer model works well if responses are reliable.
  If we allow several reliable 18x with SDP, what happen if 18x is after UPDATEs.There must be some rules saying "NO".I prefer several reliable 18xs with SDP appear only in fork.

 BR
 Eric

在 2010年4月14日 下午10:02,Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@xxxxxxxxx>写道:

Eric wang wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>     I believe that SDP in non-reliable response is useful. eg, if the
> UAS wants to send a tone to UAC while the UAC doesn't support 100rel,
> the UAS can use a non-reliable response with the tone SDP.
> So I believe different SDPs(compare with the answer) can exist in
> non-reliable response and final 2xx response.

IMO this makes no sense. For one thing, the UAC is instructed to accept
the first and ignore the rest, so sending differing values will have no
utility. For another, this only affects where the UAS will receive media
- it can have no effect on where the UAC receives media. Generally the
UAC isn't transmitting until the call is established, so what is the point.

>    But, when I saw the chart below, the only words in my mind is ,"OMG,
> the SIP is never SI(m)P(le) again!"

Where have you been? SIP hasn't been simple since early in the century.

       Thanks,
       Paul