Re: [Sipping] About offeranswer draft:

Hi Gao,

gao.yang2@xxxxxxxxxx
Wed, 14 Apr 2010 12:21:45 +0800
>sipping-bounces@xxxxxxxx 写于 2010-04-14 11:17:23:

>>        |<--------------------|
>>        | F8     ACK          |
>>        |-------------------->|
>>     (PRACK transactions are not shown)
>>
>> I tried to arrange the rules.
>> (small letters mean informational)
>>
>> UAC,
>> (Rc1)   MUST treat SDP2 as the answer.
>> (Rc2)   MUST ignore SDP5, SDP6 and SDP7.
>> (Rc3)   may treat SDP3 as the answer.
>
>[Gao] OK
>
>> (Rc4)   should treat SDP4 as the answer and confirm the current O/A
>> status by sending new offer.
>
>[Gao] support of this, though this may be modification of current RFC3261.

You will probably think of the following statements,
RFC3261/13.2.1 Creating the Initial INVITE
	(snip) "The UAC MUST treat the first session
	description it receives as the answer, and MUST ignore any
	session descriptions in subsequent responses to the initial
	INVITE."

No doubt this is one of the cussword built in this document.
It is a personal interpretation of mine,
	"as the answer" is associated with not "treat" but "receives",
	and "treat" means "not ignore".

Just putting that aside for now, I think there is a consensus that
Rc4 does not need a modification of current RFC3261.

>> UAS,
>> (Rs1)   should not send SDP5, SDP6 and SDP7.
>> (Rs2)   must not send SDP2 and SDP3 if these are not the same as SDP4.
>>
>> Rc3 and Rc4 are new added descriptions.
>> Rs1 and Rs2 are current descriptions in this draft.
>>
>> I think "MUST NOT" is suitable for (Rs1).
>> Because RFC3261 says
>>    Once the UAS has sent or received an answer to the initial
>>    offer, it MUST NOT generate subsequent offers in any responses
>>    to the initial INVITE.  This means that a UAS based on this
>>    specification alone can never generate subsequent offers until
>>    completion of the initial transaction.
>>

>[Gao] Yes.
>
>> SDP5 and SDP7 are regarded as "subsequent offers".
>
>[Gao] as "MUST NOT" is suitable for (Rs1), so there must be no "subsequent
>offers" in subsequent response.

Certainly UAC MUST ignore SDPs no matter what these are.

Regards,
Shinji