Re: [Sipping] Question on draft-ietf-sipping-v6-transition-07

Vijay,

Yes, I know we are talking SDP, but the SDP ABNF was so imprecise that I looked elsewhere. I am not sure where the definitive source is, but I just took SIP as an example, which seemed to suggest that the people who wrote RFC 3261 thought that a single element (without any dot) was wrong. This could mean that if you take a single element and use it as input to the DNS mechanism, you get the wrong outcome, and hence including a single element in SDP would be equally wrong. Kevin's message seems to support that belief.

John