From: sipping-bounces@xxxxxxxx [mailto:sipping-bounces@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jiri Kuthan
Sent: Sunday, July 19, 2009 10:19 PM
To: Liess, Laura
Cc: Dumler, Alexander; aboba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; sipping@xxxxxxxx; Wolff, Christian
Subject: Re:  FYI: RADIUS & SIP

to my best knowledge, iptel.org SIP Express Router's radius implementation
is quite widely used. We don't trace the use though.

-jiri

Liess, Laura wrote:
I think most carriers currently use some kind of RADIUS
platform to do
user authentication and they would like to reuse it in the
future to
authenticate their SIP customers. My colleagues who are
responsible for
the RADIUS Platform of the Deutsche Telekom (CC)are currently on vacation so I could not check with them now about how to
answer this
mail, but we already talked about this issue a number of
times and my
strong opinion is that "yes, Deutsche Telekom cares a lot
about SIP and
RADIUS". Reusing the existing RADIUS platform for SIP
authentication is
a strong requirement for the development of SIP services within the Deutsche Telekom. Laura (T-Systems/Deutsche Telekom Group)