Re: I-D Action:draft-kaplan-sipping-interop-bcp-02.txt

Hi Gunnar,
inline...

Yeah I screwed up that section.  It was not actually intended as "advice" or the "right thing to do" in all cases.  It was meant to point out that it is not uncommon that they are (and should be) rejected, but what's missing is a statement pointing out the opposite is true as well - that they are (and should be) accepted.  For example, a video-phone might well be usable in video-only mode; whereas a video-conference-system might prefer to reject the request to force a transcoder into the mix, or to fallback to ISDN.

That's why it goes on to say it is a local decision as to what the appropriate action to take is for such cases.  I'll correct it in the next iteration.

-hadriel