答复: Re: PRACK: Does an early-session SDP offer fullfills the rule to insert SDP in first reliable response

Hi,

[Paul] Whether there is a use case where that makes sense remains to be seen.

If AS(application server) want to play a (coloring) ring back to the caller,

or it want to play some tones to notice the caller that the call is forward, or
the call is waiting, etc, AS could insert an early-session offer in the 180.

Regards
Eric

wang.libo@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>  > IMO the "early-session" and the "session" must each independently comply
>  > with the o/a rules. So if you take any call flow using early-session,
>  > and transform it in either of the following ways, the transformed flow
>  > should still be valid according to the normal rules for o/a using
> "session":
>  >
>  > 1) remove all the body parts with content-disposition of "early-session"
>  > and content-type "application/sdp". Then if that results in
>  > multipart/mixed body parts containing only an application/sdp body part
>  > with c-d of session, remove the multipart, leaving just the sdp in its
>  > place. Then remove any Supported/Required references to early-session.t
>  >
>  > 2) remove all the body parts with content-disposition of "session" and
>  > content-type "application/sdp". Then if that results in multipart/mixed
>  > body parts containing only an application/sdp body part with c-d of
>  > early-session, remove the multipart, leaving just the sdp in its place.
>  > Then replace occurrences of C-D:early-session with C-D:session. Then
>  > remove any Supported/Required references to early-session.
>  >
>
> If I catch you, you mean, if early-session and session exist in the same
> signal,how to place the content-type/content-disposition.You can place
> content-type/content-disposition with just the SDP,and place
>
> e.g:

> ---boundary-boundary---
> v=0
> o=
> s=session SDP
> c=
>
> ---boundary-boundary---
> v=0
> c=
>
> ---boundary-boundary---

Yes. For instance an invite might include a session offer.
Then a reliable 180 could contain both an answer to the received offer,
and an early-session offer.

Whether there is a use case where that makes sense remains to be seen.

                Paul