Re: PRACK: Does an early-session SDP offer fullfills the rule to insert SDP in first reliable responsecease re-transmission ofreliable 18x?

Hi,

>>Do you find some advantage to it over simply using early media with a
different to-tag?

>It allows the early media session and answered media session to be
negotiated prior to INVITE 2xx.  The main benefit is
>to reduce clipping upon INVITE 2xx if forking has occurred and all UAS
actually support early-session.

>More specifically, UAS may assume only answered media will be sent to
the port for answer; thus it could quickly start
>rendering answered media prior to receiving INVITE 2xx.  UAC can
allocate other ports for early media; or it can refuse
>or hold early media without it subsequently delaying answered media (by
requiring another offer/answer exchange).

>Works good in theory if all user-agents support it.  I have no idea how
well it works in the real world. :)

My main issue with it has been that it also may require all SDP aware
intermediates to support it, if they need to open media gates, or do
some other actions based on/triggered by the SDP.

I haven't studied the possible impacts on ICE, but I guess it should
work - it may extend the required ICE procedures, though.

Anyway, I we want to discuss early-session verus forking I think we
should do that in a separate thread. I guess we could start our annual
how-to-solve-early-media discussion ;)

Regards,

Christer