Re: Alternate CLF syntax proposal

That depends on what you think a "Common Log Format" would be useful for.  The premise was that it's for troubleshooting and analysis systems.  AFAICT, nothing short of the entire SIP message sequence, including contents, and even IP/UDP or TCP headers, would be sufficient for that in practice.

But anyway, attached is an example CLF file using only the currently defined fields from draft-gurbani-sipping-clf-01, I think, encoded in a different format from the draft.  It just happens to be that there are already tools which can even read this file and allow the user to view its contents in a meaningful way.  For example, you can open this attachment in wireshark.

-hadriel