Re: Alternate CLF syntax proposal

I might not understand everything that is possible with pcap but it seems to me that the problem with PCAP is that it generally saves the whole SIP message if you want to get all the headers - Say for example an operator wants to log who sent INVITES to what what numbers and when the correlated BYE happened so that they can debug stuff later. But they do not want to capture the IP addresses of the UAs because if they save them then they have to respond to court orders to provide the logs with IP in them which is just a huge pain for with the operator and does not provide any revenue. The other issue is that logging the complete messages is often just too much data.

I like the proposal - mostly I just want something that works in high performance systems.

Cullen in my individual contributor role.