PRACK: Does non-200 response cease re-transmission of reliable 18x?

Title: PRACK: Does non-200 response cease re-transmission of reliable 18x?

Hi,

One of the PRACK related issues presented in SFO is whether a PRACK non-200 response would cease re-transmission of the assoicated reliable 18x response.

Based on the mail discussions we've had I proposed that the non-200 response DOES NOT ceasee the re-transmission. However, some people seemed to have an issue with that, so I was asked to "take it to the list".

The main justification why a non-200 response would not cease the re-transmission is because an intermediate may reject the PRACK, in which case the UAS will never receive it (read: the UAS will continue to re-transmit the reliable 18x). So, when the UAC receives the PRACK non-200 response it should send a new PRACK, which hopefully will reach the UAS and trigger a 200 response.

So, anyone who does not agree with the justification aboive, and thinks that a non-200 response DOES cease the re-transmission of the associated reliable 18x response, please indicate so.

Regards,

Christer