Re: Supporting Multiple Path Routing

On Mar 7, 2009, at 8:02 AM, Dale Worley wrote:

In our SIP PBX (called "sipXecs"), we consistently run into a problem
when a PBX has two gateway devices into the PSTN -- there's no good way to configure a SIP proxy to use both gateways as a redundant pair. Once
you tell the proxy to fork the call serially to both gateways, if the
call gets ring-no-answer or busy when going out the first gateway, the
proxy sends the call out the second gateway, to receive the same
response. For practical PBX deployments, we need to solve this problem.
So I'm restarting the draft I wrote a while ago that describes the
problem. I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has suggestions how
to fix the problem.

The problem is either that you're not getting a sufficiently descriptive response back from the first gateway so that you can decide whether or not to try the second gateway, or that the proxy isn't smart enough to tell the difference.

It's not a serial fork, it's a conditional serial fork. The operation can be described for some use cases in CPL.

--
Dean