Re: About Gonzalo's draft //RE: My proposal has no racing condition

Hi,

>So, if the UAS sends a "rollback UPDATE", and offers m1 and m2 to be
put
>back, and the UAC cannot accept it, the UAC should of course reject the
>UPDATE. What happens after that is an implementation issue, I think.
>
>[Gao] But Gonzalo's draft using "should not", but this is a case
"MUST".

I don't know what text you are referring to, but there is always a risk
that the UPDATE will be rejected. We can't assume, it won't.

>You could end up in the same situations even without preconditions
>intermediate UPDATEs. For example:
>
>- Session before re-INVITE = m1 and m2
>- Re-INVITE adds m3 and removes m1 and m2
>- UAS rejects the re-INVITE
>
>Now, m1 and m2 has been removed, and no matter if the UAS sends 4xx, or
>a rollback UPDATE, the UAC may not be able to put m1 and m2 back.
>
>[Gao] Without precondition, there is no such problem at all.
>UAS can reject the Offer, without giving answer, such as 488.

Yes, but in my example there was already an answer in 18x.

>The only way to solve this would be to say that any committed change
(no
>matter whether the change has been done using reINV/18x or UPD/200) is
>never rolled back - which is the current solution.
>
>[Gao] We are talking session state in theory level. And
>I think I have show in my draft that we have definitive session state
obeying current RFCs.

And I think Gonzalo's draft says the same thing.

>How to get to the session state, is practical level thing.
>If you are interested in it. You can make a new thread, and I will
share my ways(I think we have many ways to do so).

I don't want a new thread - I want a solution.

Regards,

Christer