Re: A call for simplicity: Was I-DAction:draft-ietf-sipping-cc-transfer-12.txt

On Mar 3, 2009, at 12:30 PM, Mary Barnes wrote:

And, I do think your mega discussion is more appropriate for RAI
restructuring than on SIPPING. I think we have improved the expediency
of processing WG documents over the past few years and one of the
problems in the past was just too many active, chartered WG items at one time, which I think is one of the main points for the RAI restructuring.

Fair enough. I'm not suggesting any particular flaw in SIPPING or SIP working groups; rather that the entire SIP specification effort has gone awry. This isn't a procedural problem or a question of which working group to put given work into.

It's a much deeper question that really goes to "What should RAI be working on, given that the thing we've been working on for the last ten years is now apparently working us over instead?"

--
Dean