Re: Closing the offer/answer rollback issue - my draft in two sentences

The main concept in my draft is:

Modification triggered by Re-INVITE MUST rollback as the failure of Re-INVITE.  --That is the original concept of RFC3261

Any committed new modification during Re-INVITE with other SIP transaction, would have nothing to do with the Re-INVITE's failure or success.  --That is the original concept of RFC3311.

And I think the draft can make the best of both worlds.

"Christer Holmberg" <christer.holmberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

2009-02-28 17:14

收件人
"gaoyang" <gao.yang.seu@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <gao.yang2@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Gonzalo Camarillo" <gonzalo.camarillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
抄送
<sipping@xxxxxxxx>
主题
RE: [Sipping] Closing the offer/answer rollback issue - definitionof "in use"

Hi,

>In fact, the solution in Chair's original mail is about "Let alone in use modification".
>Not rollback.

>And the solution is not the same as the ANSWER(comit by O/A) to 3GPP.

That is true. But, I don't think anyone has claimed that it would be the same, or?

So, what we are discussing here is whether we are going to change/modify the agreement we already made. No matter if we choose "in use", your draft, always-full-rollback, or whatever else, it would be a change/modification to the current agreement.

>What I said here is just for SIP itself. You know that there is no invention in my draft.
>I do not want to see SIP becomes a heavy and ugly one.
>And I will add some new drawbacks to the solution in Chair's original mail later.

I think people have some difficulties to follow the discussion in its current form.

For example, is "late commitment" the only difference between your proposal and the in-use proposal? Or, are there other differences?

So, first I think it would be good to get a short and clear description of the proposals we now have on the table. I think it should be possible to present a solution on a couple of PowerPoint slides. If you need a whole draft to describe your proposal I think it's too complex for this specific issue.

Regards,

Christer