From: sipping-bounces@xxxxxxxx [mailto:sipping-bounces@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of gao.yang2@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 4:39 PM
To: Paul Kyzivat
Cc: sipping; Gonzalo Camarillo
Subject: [Sipping] 答复: Re: 答复: Re: 答复: Closing the offer/answer rollback issue

Dear Paul Kyzivat

What is "a new modification" by user's view will make the cascade of the O/A pairs in modification.

And we should give user the session state they anticipanted.

Precondition notification is not "a new modification". And most of the people would agree this.
And distinguish it is not a hard way.

Another well known is "refine codec", it is also practical to distinguish it.

And it really open the door for complex modification using more than one O/A pair as precondition.

Gao

Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@xxxxxxxxx>

2009-02-26 22:11

收件人
Gonzalo Camarillo <Gonzalo.Camarillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
抄送
gao.yang2@xxxxxxxxxx, sipping <sipping@xxxxxxxx>
主题
Re: [Sipping] 答复: Re: 答复:  Closing the offer/answer rollback issue

Gonzalo,

I think your proposal/concept about "in use" is interesting.
But is is it in fact the case that all involved parties agree on what
that is?

I think this could especially be a problem for B2BUAs that don't
terminate media. Their *only* knowledge about the current state is what
they have learned from the signaling. Based on that they may have to
decide which SDP reflects what is currently "in use". But perhaps this
isn't really a problem and the B2BUA will simply discover the current
state later based on subsequent interactions with the two UAs.

Also, "using" has two parts: "sending" and "receiving". There are
definitely windows during which one end is "sending" something but the
other side isn't "receiving" it yet.

There are also those middleboxes that control "media gates" - only
letting media pass if the O/A conforms to their policies. Its unclear to
me how they are affected by this decision. But it could enhance the
difference between what one side is sending and the other side is receiving.

Replying to Gao/Christer - I remain confused about what constitutes a
"new modification". I know there are sequences in use where the initial
exchange is done with a=inactive, and then another o/a is exchanged,
within the (re)INVITE to switch to a=sendrecv. Is that a "new
modification", or not?

                Thanks,
                Paul