From: sipping-bounces@xxxxxxxx [mailto:sipping-bounces@xxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Hendrik Scholz
Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2008 10:58 PM
To: Paul Kyzivat
Cc: sipping
Subject: Re:  [Fwd:I-D
Action:draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-09.txt]

Hi!

I noticed this in section 3.1:

   o To avoid receiving media from undesired sources, some User
      Agents assume symmetric RTP will be used, ignore all incoming
      media packets until an address/port has been received from the
      other end, and then use that address/port to filter incoming
      media packets.

Should a UA silently drop/ignore the packets or is it OK to send ICMP
port unreachables?
If the UA does not follow RFC3261 ("start accepting RTP once it sends
the SDP offer") the remote endpoint would have to be able to deal with
ICMP errors.

Thanks,
  Hendrik

--