Re: draft-niccolini-sipping-siphandover-05.txt

Dear all,

among the contributors it was discussed that is actually good to
keep the discussion on the mailing list to gather more general
feedback from everybody and more specific one from the people
willing to actively contribute (people like John Elwell, Zaheduzzaman
Sarker and Hassnaa Moustafa demonstrated interest in this).

So far we have received the following comments, that we are going to
take care of:
-- we should state clearly that terminal mobility has a requirement
to be able to support a "make before break" style of handover even
if it possible to use the solution to also do "break before make",
we should be able to formalize what "make before break" means
at protocol level in a clear way to be able to write requirements
for this
-- provide more detailed summary of work in 3GPP to avoid people
to look for and read the related 3GPP documents
-- add an additional requirement that is to minimize the packet loss
(or avoid it at all) and the reordering problem during an handover

What is still unclear:
-- we should look at SIP-based terminal mobility requirement in general
with vertical handover being one use case
--> what are the requirements missing in the draft for looking at
SIP-based terminal mobility requirement in general?

Any comments?

Thanks,
Saverio

Dr. Saverio Niccolini
Manager, Real-Time Communications Group
NEC Laboratories Europe, Network Research Division
Kurfuerstenanlage 36, D-69115 Heidelberg
Tel.     +49 (0)6221 4342-118
Fax:     +49 (0)6221 4342-155
e-mail:  saverio.niccolini@xxxxxxxxxxxx <-- !!! NEW ADDRESS !!!
NEC Europe Limited Registered Office: NEC House, 1 Victoria
Road, London W3 6BL Registered in England 2832014