Re: draft-johnston-sipping-cc-uui-05

So to Henry - what protocols other than those carried by ISDN did you
want to map over SIP.

I would argue that in an entirely SIP environment, this would be either
using SIP as a transport protocol, and therefore incorrect, or that the
mechanisms already exist in such an environment for carry things like
MESSAGE which solve this problem.

The ISDN issue is that this transport is already embedded in a call
control message, and therefore by splitting it out, you would lose the
coupling semantic that exists in the ISDN protocol. Therefore ISDN has
an interworking case where there is a need to do this.

Does the interworking with any other protocol generate such a need where
we could see the need to extend the current requirements.

regards

Keith