Re: I-D Action:draft-vanelburg-sipping-served-user-07.txt

Title: Re: I-D Action:draft-vanelburg-sipping-served-user-07.txt

Hi Paul, Keith,

Just spotted that there occurred a discussion on the served user draft on the list.

- Initial mail from Paul Kyzivat on 9 september.
- Answer from Keith Drage on 18 september.

Taking what I think are the suggested improvements, I came to the following modifed text of section 7:

<START FRAGMENT>
7.  Proxy behaviour

7.1.  Generating the P-Served-User header

   Proxies that support the header MUST only insert the header in
   initial requests for a dialog or standalone requests when the
   following conditions hold:
   o  The proxy has the capability to determine the served user for the
      current request.
   o  The next hop is part of the same Trust Domain for P-Served-User.

   When the above conditions do not hold the proxy MUST NOT insert the
   header.

7.2.  Consuming the P-Served-User header

   A proxy that supports the header, MUST upon receiving from a trusted
   node the P-Served-User header in initial requests for a dialog or
   standalone requests take the value of the P-Served-User header to
   represent the served user in operations that require such
   information.

   A proxy that supports the header, MUST remove the header from
   requests or responses when the header was received from a node
   outside the Trust Domain for P-Served-User before further forwarding
   the message.

   A proxy that supports the header, MUST remove the header from
   requests or responses when the next hop is a node outside the Trust
   Domain for P-Served-User before further forwarding the message.

<END FRAGMENT>

Best Regards,
/Hans Erik