Re: [Fwd:I-DAction:draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-09.txt]

Hi, Mr. Kyzivat,

I'm sorry to say that it is not scheduled to attend the
meeting.

>1. UPDATE Request during the INVITE transaction

My tables will be a summary of RFC3311/5.1 Sending an
UPDATE. The point of my ideas is as follows.

1.An UPDATE request with new offer should not be sent until the
  PRACK transaction related to the offer-answer is completed.

2.UA should respond 491 when such UPDATE is received.

3.for this respect, there are no basic differences between
  init-INVITE and re-INVITE.
  I think, RFC3311 are too generous to re-INVITE.

> 2. re-INVITE Request during the UPDATE transaction

Obviously such INVITE should not be sent, but glare case
can't be avoided.

3. another issue about Modifying an Existing Session

Though it is not referred in draft.

RFC3261/14.2 UAS Behavior
   A UAS providing an offer in a 2xx (because the INVITE did not contain
   an offer)                  [Snipping]                    The UAS MUST
   ensure that the session description overlaps with its previous
   session description in media formats, transports, or other parameters
   that require support from the peer.  This is to avoid the need for
   the peer to reject the session description.

This rule should adjust to not only 200-OK but also 1xx-rel and PRACK.

Regards,
Shinji

Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@xxxxxxxxx>