[PMOL] RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pmol-sip-perf-metrics-02.txt

All,

As you might remember, the SIP End-to-End Performance Metrics draft
completed one WGLC round, and I received feedback and additional
comments at the IETF meeting in Dublin.  As you can see below, a new
version of the SIP End-to-End Performance Metrics draft has been posted.
The following is a summary of the changes is this version:

- Separation of failed REGISTER requests from the Registration Request
Delay metric.  These are now within their own metric, Ineffective
Registration Attempts.  These changes are viewed as significantly
improving the RRD metric's output value.

- Clarification that successful and failed sessions used to calculate
Session Request Delay should not be combined in the same result, as the
two will likely have widely varying results causing a combined result to
be difficult to trend and understand.  Capturing SRD in both failed and
successful session attempts is still perceived as valuable, because the
affect is directly perceived by a human or machine awaiting the result
of a session attempt.

- The metrics resulting in a percentage, have had their calculations
updated to reflect a percentage result.

- A calculation was added for the Session Defects metric.

Regards,

Daryl

Daryl Malas
CableLabs