FW: I-D Action:draft-niccolini-sipping-siphandover-05.txt

Dear all,

we just submitted an update of the "Requirements for vertical
handover of multimedia sessions using SIP" draft according to
the comments received.

Changes with respect to previous version:
- Mentioned history of SIP mobility discussion in IETF
- Introduced definition of Terminal Mobility and Session Mobility
(extracted from the referenced paper "Application-Layer Mobility
Using SIP" by Schulzrinne and Wedlund
- Made references to 3GPP work on Voice Call Continuity and
Multimedia Session Continuity
- Clarified this draft addresses Terminal Mobility
- Provided explanation about the relationship of this work with
draft-shacham-sipping-session-mobility
- Added references to two papers that compare mobility management
approaches at different levels, from link layer to application layers

We have also asked agenda time to shortly present at IETF 73
and ask the group what is the direction moving forward (maybe a
design team?).

Cheers,
Saverio

Dr. Saverio Niccolini
Manager, Real-Time Communications Group
NEC Laboratories Europe, Network Research Division
Kurfuerstenanlage 36, D-69115 Heidelberg
Tel.     +49 (0)6221 4342-118
Fax:     +49 (0)6221 4342-155
e-mail:  saverio.niccolini@xxxxxxxxxxxx <-- !!! NEW ADDRESS !!!
NEC Europe Limited Registered Office: NEC House, 1 Victoria
Road, London W3 6BL Registered in England 2832014