Re: Decision needed on final issue with draft-ietf-sipping-update-pai-07

"See IMS". 3GPP references our standards, we can reference theirs.

On Oct 24, 2008, at 1:10 AM, Elwell, John wrote:

Dean,

It seemed that to get the draft through IESG, it needed to cite at least one mechanism by which a response can be authenticated (likewise ACK and
CANCEL). The mechanism in earlier drafts, whereby the response is
received over a TLS connection over which digest authentication had
previously taken place, was shown to be flawed. Nobody seemed able to
offer a robust and standardised alternative. If somebody can put forward
a robust and standardised alternative that can convince those with
concerns, I would be happy to re-instate the response stuff.

John