Re: Decision needed on final issue withdraft-ietf-sipping-update-pai-07

Keith,

The change concerning responses is already made in 07, as a result of
what seemed to be the consensus in SIPPING a couple of weeks ago, after
one of the ADs stated that it would not stand a chance of getting
through IESG. Therefore I reluctantly made the change in 07. Nobody
seemed to be supporting the retention of the response stuff in there at
the time. It doesn't ban PAI in responses, it just does not specify
them, leaving it for a possible future update if/when a standardised
means of authenticating a UAS is available. The relevant text is:
    <t>RFC 3325 is unclear on the use of P-Asserted-Identity in
challenge a UAS to provide SIP digest authentication in a response. As a
result, there is currently no standardised mechanism whereby a proxy can
authenticate a UAS. Since authenticating the source of a message is a
pre-requisite for asserting an identity, this document does not specify
the use of the P-Asserted-Identity header field in responses. This may
be the subject of a future update to RFC 3325. Also this document does
not specify the use of the P-Preferred-Identity header field in
for a proxy to insert the P-Asserted-Identity header field.</t>

So now I just want to know what to do about CANCEL and ACK.

John